WHY YOU’LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are, and which have empowered our staggering growth since our founding in 2011.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, with additional offices in San Francisco, New York, London and Guadalajara, SalesLoft has over 400 employees and is growing by the day. As a testament to the culture and company we've collectively built, our world-class team has been named twice by Deloitte as a ‘Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,’ featured by The New York Times as a start-up that ‘may be the next unicorn... on a path to a $1B valuation,' and has consistently been recognized as a ‘#1 Best Place to Work in Atlanta.’ SalesLoft is disrupting the Sales Engagement space and is on a mission to activate the authentic seller in all of us.
We’re on a mission to redefine an industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
Although we’re proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages and retains the nation’s elite talent.
At SalesLoft, our Product Marketers are pivotal to our company’s success. They play a key role in partnering with sales, product, customer success and other departments in marketing to drive our go-to-market messaging and positioning and help enable our customer facing teams. You will be a key member of our high-performing product marketing team responsible for gathering, synthesizing and disseminating competitive & market intelligence and differentiated positioning to help our teams win in the market. We are a leader in a highly competitive market and need to stay 2-steps ahead of existing and emerging competition.
In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘team over self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to help our teams’ sell and win in an impactful and revolutionary software category that is changing the way sellers sell.] You will have an opportunity to make a difference.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking someone who is passionate about sales technology and who can articulate complex technical concepts into simple terms that makes sense to sales teams and customers. This role will be responsible for shaping our competitive positioning and messaging and supporting our global sales and customer facing organizations with critical insights and differentiation relative to competitive offerings. This role will partner closely with Sales, Customer Success, Product Marketing and Product Management to position SalesLoft offerings in the Sales Engagement Platform (SEP) market place.
You are capable of piecing together incomplete data to determine where a market is moving or the strategy a competitor is following. You understand details and technologies, but you maintain a view of the bigger picture.
You are adept at communicating (writing and presenting) complex material to a wide variety of audiences from executives to entry level employees, engineers to sales, in terms and at a level best suited for each with no loss of context.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Be the subject matter expert on competitors in each market we serve, including company profiles, go-to-market strategies, and product/solution key market differentiators
- Solicit, analyze, and convert competitive and market data from available resources into actionable insight to be used by company stakeholders, especially sales & product teams
- Manage overall win/loss program and lead win/loss reviews with customers/prospects and publish results and key recommendations and findings to GTM teams
- Deliver actionable competitive intelligence, sales tools, and education at the appropriate level for R&D, product management, marketing, sales, and strategic consulting teams
- Present competitive positioning and differentiation training and updates for customer facing teams (sales, solution consultants, customer success, new employees) at enablement meetings, sales kick-off meetings and new employee onboarding
- Assist sales and strategic consulting teams with account-specific competitive content – including areas of differentiation, depositioning of competitive FUD and RFP review/response - in preparation for customer and partner meetings
- Collaborate with product marketing on positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategies, particularly in the areas of differentiation against general and specific competitors
- Proactively review and provide timely analyses of competitor materials and other public activities and post impact statements to all stakeholders via corporate communication platforms Select vendors and manage projects outsourced to third-party suppliers of competitive and market research
If you’re passionate about sales technology, providing a world-class customer experience, and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup environment, then the Product Marketing, Competitive & Market Intelligence role is the career path for you!
Our SalesLoft’s product marketing team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming marketing professionals who are all aligned on one mission: to redefine the Sales Engagement space and activate the authentic seller in all of us.
The product marketing team consists of results oriented SaaS marketing professionals with a strong mentality and desire to win in our market. They understand our buyers (sales, marketing & customer success leaders, sales & revenue operations) and uses (sales & customer facing teams) and can partner closely with internal teams and work closely with our customers and prospects. The professionals on our product marketing team share a few common traits: they are smart, analytical, creative problem solvers, self-motivated, ambitious, and passionate about helping our teams evangelizing SalesLoft in the Sales Engagement market. They are also the epitome of our core values - Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- BA/BS in business, marketing, statistics, computer science or a related discipline. MBA is preferred
- 5-10 or more years of experience in enterprise, B2B software sales engineering, product management, product marketing or consulting
- Experience analyzing and developing strong point-of-view on markets and competitors required. Experience presenting to both internal audiences and customers
- Collaborative mentality by prioritizing ‘we’ and not focusing on ‘me’
- Superb analytical skills in gathering information from various sources and teasing out the “so-what” and effectively communicating differentiated positioning to our teams
- High level of empathy - it’s important for our product marketers to be a good person to their marketing peers, internal partners and customers
- Experience in a sales role or sales-related role strongly preferred
- Experience with sales or marketing technology applications is strongly preferred
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend SalesLoft’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our SalesLoft story and understand what makes our “Lofters” unique
- Join our 3-week Sales Bootcamp, where you will learn our software and all the skills necessary to set you up for success, allowing you to make an impact in the market quickly
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-6-90 plan, meet & shadow current members of the SalesLoft team, and delve into your domain area
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Meet key partners in product management, sales, customer success and the other marketing departments.
- Become demo certified
]WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Understand the Sales Engagement market and players
- Understand SalesLoft capabilities deeply and how they compare to other alternative solutions in the market
- Complete an audit of our competitive assets (battle cards, presentations, demo’s, sales training, etc.)
- Gather competitive intelligence from various sources - web, review sites, customer & prospect meetings, sales and customer success teams
- Put together a prioritized plan to create and update competitive assets
- Conduct regular (monthly or bi-monthly) competitive enablement meetings
- Advise sales and customer success team on competitive strategy
- Formalize a programmatic approach to Win/Loss analysis and information sharing
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be viewed as a subject matter expert on our market and competitors
- Regularly get pulled into sales cycles by our sales and CS team to help position and win against competitors
- Have developed a systematic approach to looking at new competitors or markets we are entering
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be considered a top-performing member of the product marketing team
- Set an example for new marketers and product marketers and assist in training, onboarding and motivating new Lofters
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise.
SalesLoft is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, fill out the application form here: https://salesloft.com/careers/?gh_jid=1990034